Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Getting Ready.....

Less than two weeks out and some things are organized, nothing is packed....

Thirty one days from Wisconsin to Florida, to Alaska and Canada (twice).  Flying back to Wisconsin from Seattle, WA.

There is a lot to do yet.
The cruise documents are printed.
My cameras and lenses are ready (with the exception of fully charged batteries, that will come closer to the day of departure).  I have winter, spring and summer clothes ready to go for the most part.....I'm taking a large suitcase, a carry-on bag that barely meets the airline's requirements for carry-on luggage, a computer bag, my camera bag and a large purse, with a small one tucked inside of it for the cruise itself.

Thirty one days is a long time to pack for, spanning various climates; it is a challenge.

Thanking my friends in advance for caring for the house and animals while away!!

So in the meantime, part of my home office looks like this,


A little about me.  I'm a 53 (will turn 54 on the cruise) year old somewhat adventurous kind of person.  I'm a photographer by trade (I photograph musicians for the most part) however, I am for the most part, retired.  I am well traveled, having started traveling with my Dad for his job at Kimberly-Clark Corporation at a young age.  I spent time in Europe and throughout the United States both for his job and at leisure with both of my parents.  Thus instilled in me is a inherent need to see new things and explore more areas of the world that I have not seen.  My Dad is responsible for my love of photography.

Below is a photo of the cruise itinerary.  The ship is the Norwegian Sun and you can read about her here.  This will be my fourth sailing aboard this vessel.  She is my favorite ship in the fleet.  

I have already visited all of these destinations up to and including San Francisco, CA.  The last ten days of the cruise are all new territory for me and I'm excited to see this part of Canada and a small part of Alaska.

This is all I will write for now; as the cruise draws closer I will write more.  This is my first blog, so please be patient with me, I will try not to be too "wordy" as they say :)